Kate's doing great in school, has lots of friends, is learning like crazy, and loves having Lizzie come to school at the same time.
Lizzie is having a blast in kindergarten. She's chaos in a little body, but she's absorbing everything. She's starting to write and read and loves working with numbers too. The ride on the bus home from school is very long since she's at the very last bus stop. It's about a 45 minute ride on the bus at lunch time! She has made friends with all the kids on the bus and I can hear her yelling out the window all the way from the other end of the street, lol.
Sabrina and I have enjoyed the quiet time in the morning with just the two of us. We do the shopping and other errands or just snuggle and watch cartoons. When my phone alarm goes off around noon she jumps up wherever she is and heads to the door to go sit on the sidewalk for 20 minutes waiting for Lizzie's bus to come. We have to be there on time just in case, but the bus is usually rather late.
Michael is sick today :( He is upstairs trying to rest and not throw up. At least, historically speaking, while he does get very sick when he is sick, he doesn't get sick often, nor does it last very long. I'm hoping he'll be feeling better soon. He has better hours at work now and we've enjoyed having him on a more regular schedule.
I've been still slowly but steadily getting better. Percocet has become a rarity instead of a frequency. The cellulitis infection a while back still has some lingering pain and discomfort, but after a rough patch (including a full 8 days on IV antibiotics and several horrible scars) it finally turned around just after I pulled myself together enough to sit through the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication. It was such a blessing for it to finally start healing.
I'm getting materials ready for the relief society Fabulous Friday this week (like Super Saturday except for the day of the week) where I'll be doing bows -- flowers and butterfly types. It should be a lot of fun :) I'm also making new outfits for Kate and Lizzie for picture day at school also on Friday. Lizzie's jumper is finished, but Kate's dress still needs sleeves, zipper, and hems. All the stuff I like the least :P I think it's going to be stunning, though, so it's worth it.
One last point -- we've been hoping to purchase a home this year. Right now things are kind of stalled waiting on the lender (ugh, lenders!). We have found a home not far away in
Some of our favorite features of the house:
view of the backyard from the back door (the white fountain thingy isn't staying)
view of the back of the house / yard from the center back of the yard (I love how Lizzie has a "twin" in this picture, lol)
one of several great storage areas with built-in shelving
6 comments:
Neato freato with the new house thing. Ihope you guys can get it. And that fountian whatta mean it has to go. Its so 2000
Good luck with the house stuff. The storage is a great perk! Glad you're feeling better.
I can't believe you would get rid of the fountain! :P
That is a nice yard and I love the shelves! Good luck,I hope you guys can get the home. :)
The house is currently owned by an estate (it's been a owned by one family since it was new, the last grandparent just passed away) and one of the children wants the fountain, so it's actually their choice that the fountain is going to go. I doubt we'd keep it around long-term, but that's why it's gonna be gone immediately.
Hope you hear from the lender soon.
Burrr. That's going to be a cold 20 min. waiting for the bus this winter.
I'm glad to hear that the girls like school. Fun times, all around at that age.
Who needs deep and thoughtful! I haven't looked at blogs forever, it's good to see what's going on again!
Hope you guys are able to get into a house. The pictures look awesome. Love the yard!
Post a Comment