Monday, April 20, 2009

Still Alive

Yeah, it's been a little longer than I would like, but I'll just stick my nose in for a second to let you all know I'm still alive :)
I have lots of pictures, but I'm wiped out. You'll have to wait for another day :P
Lizzie got her spring pictures from school today (Finally! they were taken just before Valentine's day!) and they're super cute. It came with a CD, so I can post the pictures as much as I want :)
Photobucket
I'm currently having a "Sitz Marker Study" done on my gut. The gastro is actually doing testing to find out what is really wrong. Good luck with that :P lol So I took a pill n Friday with something like 22 tiny little rings in it. Then I had an xray today and I'll have another one Wednesday, and again on Friday if the rings are still visible on Wed. If the rings are still visible on Friday, then I probably need to have surgery. If not, then I probably need long term psycho-therapy. The issues on the table here are Hirschsprung's Disease or an overactive Adrenal gland. Hirschsprung's is diagnosed in infancy 90% of the time, but can lurk into adult-hood. It is basically a section of the bowel that doesn't have the necessary nerves to function properly. The other possiblity is that my adrenal gland got pumping at some point and has just not properly calmed back down -- think "fight or flight mechanism". Basically in that case my body is always ramped up to run away or kick some boo-tay and in so doing, diverts blood from "non-essentials" such as digestion. Assuming no physiological problems with the adrenal gland, it is something where a good therapist needs to help figure out what the trigger was and get it dealt with. I think surgery would be easier, LOL.
My kidneys are getting increasingly painful. One lortab no longer makes things better. It is taking two lortab in order to lie still at night to go to sleep. Hopefully this means that the stones are wiggling around and will pass, but I'm not counting on it. I had to call my urologist today to ask for more meds. After things are settled with the gastro, if I'm still having so much kidney pain I'll probably go see him again to make sure it's not infection and not just stones. I did just finish a round of antibiotics for infection, but that doesn't always mean the infection is gone for me :P
Anyway, that's ilfe in a nutshell. I'm not feeling so good right now, so I'm gonna go put the girls in bed and get in a hot tub as usual. I'll add pictures in a day or so of happy stuff :)

5 comments:

Corilee said...

I am extremely sorry that you are having so many health issues. My heart goes out to you. I will bring in dinner to you to relieve you somewhat. What day would be best for you? I will call you tomorrow so think about it.

Much Love,
MommaLee

onnuh said...

OR... you could adopt a life of vigilante crime fighting. Use up all your adrenaline, clean up the streets (because I'm sure they need it down there), and maybe you could make a snazzy outfit too. :)

Seriously, though, I hope everything goes well for you, whatever the diagnosis.

Stacey said...

Lizzie is such a cutie!

I'm sorry about all of the health problems. Let me know if you need any help. *HUGS*

ems said...

I like the crime fighting life with a snazzy outfit idea too. Then you could come up with a cool superhero name and you would be famous! :)

I hope you get better too. You have definitely had more than your fair share of medical problems. Let's play when you feel better, and if there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to call.

Lubs!

Unknown said...

Anna, do love the crime fighting idea... I just gotta get me some superpowers. "Where do you even find a vat of toxic waste?" (Movie, anyone?)
Thanks everyone. I'm waiting to hear from the doc today to see if I have to have another xray tomorrow. Xray techs won't tell me anything [roll eyes]