Wednesday, February 18, 2009

(by the way...)

Just a little note for anyone who cares to know --

I had my follow up appointment with my urologist yesterday. I've still been in a lot of pain more or less, so I knew the stones weren't all gone. Sure enough, there is at least one stone still present. It is fractured, but still mostly in one piece. Of course it is.

So, I'm on Lortab as I'm able (I can't take it today cause I have had to drive, but otherwise I would have) and just praying that it passes. I go in again in two more weeks and if it is still there, and if I still have bleeding and infection (infection was gone for the moment yesterday which was good) then they should do the lithotripsy again. The doc quoted me statistics of something like 98% of the time it goes smoothly the first time, etc. Yeah, that leaves 2% for ME.

Fingers crossed and, more importantly, prayers sent that this thing goes away. Even though we've already met our deductible for the year it would still cost close to $1,000 to repeat the procedure.

So there you have it. Good times.

4 comments:

Steve and Chelle said...

uhg. yuck. sorry about that dude!

that just plain stinks!

Jenn said...

Bummer! I'll make sure to pray extra hard for you!

Stacey said...

That's a bummer! :( I hope all goes well and it passes quickly.

Corilee said...

Do you adhear to the philosophy that if anything CAN go bad it WILL go bad for you. If so you may be sending out vibes to the "universe" that that is exactly what you expect.

I've heard that the "universe"
gives us just what we ask for or expect.

just a thought.

Cheers, Mither

You may want to reconsider what message you're sending out.