Also, Ginger fits perfectly in a Cuties box. She prefers it to be in front of the fireplace when it's turned on.
Playing games on Mom and Dad's phones while hanging out at Grandpa and Grandma's house.
In January the last book of a series Michael and I have been reading (him for some 20 years, me for only a dozen -- The Wheel of Time series) finally came out. He let me read it first. I was rather sick at the time with some ear / sinus infections. One morning while I was sick and reading the book, Sabrina brought me breakfast in bed. Chocolate cake, grape tomatoes (with individual toothpicks), and a peeled clementine. Not a standard breakfast, but awfully sweet. There were so many things I wanted to talk to Michael about as I was reading the book, but since I was reading it first he didn't want any spoilers. So I used post-it notes and stuck the book full of all my questions and observations. It made a real mess as Michael was reading the book and pulling the notes out as he went.
A Sunday afternoon game of Phase 10 (woo hoo!!! 3 wilds!).
A play-doh flag made by Sabrina.
And a "beautiful" funky mole that I had to have removed from my shoulder (end result: nothing evil. yay!). Good times, right?
Complicated story made shorter: I got to be a guest lecturer for the Timpanogos Gem & Mineral Society. I spoke on paleontology and making rock / fossil hobbies a family matter. There was a beast of a storm that night and I was told the numbers might be small because many are senior citizens and don't get out in the bad weather. There were still around 80 people there! It was a lot of work, but ended up being lots of fun.
One last reminiscence: When I was young there were often two choices with Sunday afternoon popcorn and reading time, or early morning scripture study time: hot chocolate, or postum. Then several years ago Postum production was stopped! Apparently now you can find it in a few stores, including our favorite local grocer. Michael brought this home for me one cold, dark day.






No comments:
Post a Comment