Friday, December 21, 2012
Happy Halloween
All three girls chose characters from "Doctor Who". Sabrina dressed up as the 10th Doctor (played by David Tennant), Lizzie dressed up at Rose Tyler (the 9th and 10th Doctor's companion), and Kate dressed up as a Dalek (the nemesis of The Doctor).
Sabrina was very concerned that the 10th Doctor has brown hair, and she really does not. So I promised to get some brown hair spray for her hair. Unfortunately the brown turned out burgundy! So I added some black. (Spoiler alert: the sprays stained her hair and she had pink streaks in her hair for 6 weeks!)
In this pic Kate was tacking some stuff on her costume after wearing it to school and before going Trick or Treating.
Also note the sonic screwdriver :)
School parade:
The 5th and 6th grade performs The Thriller every year after the costume parade. Kate memorized the dance really well so she got to be front and center. It's very funny watching a dalek do the Thriller.
After school I drove the girls to daddy's office.
The office was thoroughly decorated, including black lights.
the teenage boy across the street enjoys playing the part of a child-teasing zombie. Sabrina finally decided the candy was worth the obvious trap.
then the 3 girls together made a plan. Sabrina played the part of the distraction while the other girls grabbed the loot.
top right: the loot was totally worth it!
I moved the big recliner from the living room to the front porch where I sat with my computer. I turned on the Phantom of the Opera and passed out candy from under my heated blanket.
I spent all afternoon getting dressed up. I took a shower AND did my hair AND put on makeup. I'm pretty sure nobody recognized me.
Skipping back to the office, the Salem City civic trick-or-treating was in the parking lot outside Daddy's office, so we went around there too. Then the girls left notes and drawings on the boards at the office as usual.
See? I told you Sabrina's hair was tinted pink afterward. She can totally pull it off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment