Saturday, November 5, 2011

Patchy in October

An afternoon of photographic fun at Jaker's Pumpkin Patch.  The girls had a blast on the two little mazes.
 Lizzie learned that skirts and hay bales don't play well with your knees.

 We were entertained by the new growth on the hay bales.
 The little petting zoo featured (among other things) a ginormous pig and the classic Halloween kangaroo.

Naturally I made the girls sit together on top of the pyramid for a photo op.  They're just so cute!

The very coolest thing was the huge pit-o-corn.  Sabrina enjoyed doing "corn stands" -- head stands with her head supported in feed corn.

Lizzie watched all the other kids covering themselves up with corn.  She chose to go a slightly different route and buried her head face down.  O.o

Kate tried to dig to the bottom of the pit.  She didn't manage to dig it up faster than the hole filled in.

I stepped into the corn and immediately sank a full foot (well, both my feet about 12" deep ;))!  When we were done in the corn heap the girls' hair was a little... full of stuff.  BUT then the tractor was ready to take us on a hayride!  I sat on one side of the tractor with Kate and Lizzie while Daddy sat behind us with Sabrina.  SO MANY PUMPKINS!

Finally, here are a few favorite pictures:

 Kate's first flight!

and Kate's discovery of what happens if you fall part way through a hidden hole in hay bales!


At the end we got some pumpkins and came home where the girls painted them to go out front.  Shame I never got those photographed.  oops.   ☺

1 comment:

Jensen Lambert said...

Thanks for commenting. I am glad you have been checking because I didn't think anyone would know about the blog coming back. Once again thanks!