Today was Sabrina's first day of kindergarten. Wow! She has been counting down the months, weeks, days, and hours. It's half day kindergarten and she goes in the afternoon. She gets picked up by the kindergarten bus after lunch and comes home on the regular bus with her sisters.
Sabrina was up and dressed by 8:00 this morning (lately she's been sleeping in an hour later than that).
I reminded her that she didn't leave until after lunch. So she ate lunch at about 10:30.
By an hour before time to go she was dancing around so much I just finished getting her ready and we went outside to take some pictures.
The bus was a few minutes late (not a surprise) and after checking the mail she proceeded to pick a couple of weeds nearby. She had a wonderful day and is looking forward to tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day......
These pictures are from Sabrina's kindergarten assessment with her teacher last week. She was amazing. I was working at a table on the side filling out papers, but I managed to take a few surreptitious pictures under my arm without disturbing their work. Sabrina was excited to see that even though she isn't in the same class time as one of her favorite friends, they sit in the same chair -- one in the morning, the other in the afternoon.
Here are some of the pictures we took this morning, including her fancy finger nails. Last night she got her turn taking a bath in our huge tub with jets and everything, then I painted her fingernails ans toenails just like I did last week for the other girls. Sabrina picked the pink rose to take to her teacher.
After at least 6 years of waiting (yes, I know she isn't even 6 years old yet...) she finally got to ride the bus!!!!!
And it brought her back finally in the afternoon. She got her first-day-of-school flower and skipped back home. I admit, there was some drama about the fairness of homework, but when she had rested a few minutes and reasonable again, she did it quickly and happily.
It was a huge change in life when Kate started in school. This is a whole other huge change. I still think I am a "young mother", but perhaps I'm now a "mother of school aged children". Crazy.
During the few hours I had to myself today I went and ate lunch with Michael at his work and watched part of an episode of a tv show with him on Netflix. Then I went shopping. Cool, huh ;)
Now it's time for me to learn a new routine. Time to figure out how to be a "mom of school aged children". And finally, time to get the rest of my house organized so I can do some things I want to do!




1 comment:
Darling pics! I'm envious of your free time but I know I will be at that point all too soon. I have mixed emotions about it.
Post a Comment