Saturday, July 16, 2011

Goals, Update 9

1- Sew at least one new item of clothing for me.

2- Make great room (and/or family room) curtains.-- I have also refashioned the funky door "curtain" in the family room into a lovely roman blind.  I can't find the hardware to hang it up, though.
 
3- Go one mile (run/walk) in 12 minutes or less -- *sigh*

4- Clean out and sort jewelry boxes

5- Catch up one year of scrapbooks-- my computers and I are currently fighting.  Stupid virus!!!!!

6- Read the entire Book of Mormon
 

7- Get a new family picture taken
 

8- Clean out my bedroom closet
 
9- Sort my craft type items (including sewing) -- This is a disaster!  Boxes are stacked around the storage room and the girls have gotten into a few of them, spilling their contents everywhere!  Ugh.

10- Make a new temple dress (does not fulfill goal #1) 

11- Be involved in at least one PTA project at the elementary school --  I'm on the list for next year too!


12- Get last year's blog book printed and bound
 

13- Make some nice hair pretties for MY daughters
 

14- Read some classic literature
   
15- Plant something and keep it alive
 

16- Improve dysphonia to be able to sing again with less pain -- Work in progress.

17- Learn two new hymns on the piano --
 

18- Plan and enjoy a family vacation (even if it has to be in Utah County) -- We made a pretty good plan, but after more financial waylays it looks like this will be mainly theoretical this year.
 

19- Back up all digital photos on new DVDs (or other storage device) and store safely  -- I cannot find my external drive all of a sudden!
 
20- Participate in fruit and vegetable co-op when possible and learn new ways to enjoy produce
 

21- Create a 7 generation pedigree chart

22- Finish quilts for the girls' beds --  A little exhausted thinking about this right now.

23- Take a class through the community programs
 

24- Follow FlyLady principles to get/keep the house in a happy state.  -- My house has been beautiful, but we ran into some roadblocks which made me lose my mojo.  I'm currently in search of a new mojo.  

25- Read a book by a church leader
 

26- Spend $1,000 to improve financial outlook (pay off debt faster, put in savings, etc.) 
 
27- Look at the stars more -- They're gorgeous!
 

28- Clean the Sharpie "artwork" off the playroom walls 

29- Update our family's emergency preparedness --  

30- Learn to use the lenses and settings on my camera -- I won a ebook on photography off a blog giveaway.  Learned tons off it!  I now rarely use my automatic settings and almost exclusively use the aperture priority setting.  I'm getting some great photos -- and some incredible failures, lol.
 
31- Return and report progress on my goals -- Yeah, I'm a little late this time.  This month has been a whirlwind of uncertainty and I forgot to set up the auto-post.  Oops.

No comments: