Saturday, July 17, 2010

Oh Great, Kate is Eight!!! (Sorry, couldn't resist the rhyming).

The cake says "Happy 8th, Kate".  For those Cakewrecks officionados you'll note the comma which lets you know she's not our 8th Kate ;). 

This morning Kate went with Daddy to pick up the co-op produce, had daddy/daughter breakfast at IHOP (complete with a birthday sundae and singing for her!) then did a little shopping at Maceys.  Among other things they picked up a birthday cake.  I was going to make one, but since I'm off my foot they decided to give me a break (no pun intended).


We enjoyed a birthday party around lunchtime.  Ate cake and ice cream and opened Kate's presents.

She got some fun little presents from her sisters, then a new dress and shoes for her baptism day and a nice CTR ring.  She was very excited about it all.


I'm a little happy to see that even bakeries end up with sinking cakes.  Apparently filling the divot with frosting is considered "professional".  Thankfully it was reasonably tasty frosting :)  We did end up with a near mom-wreck this morning.  The girls wanted to show me the cake but I was sleeping in so they decided to just snuggle the cake right in with me in bed.  Thankfully I didn't cream the cake in my sleep :P

We sure are happy to have Kate in our family.  She's a very happy, helpful, conscientious daughter.  We love our Kate so much!!!!!

3 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Hey you got the shoes I suggested. :D Im so lame but seriously that makes me happy.

Unknown said...

They're similar but actually a little different. From the same place, but it's a peep-toe pump, muted gold with a glittery silver stripe and bow near the front: http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?skuId=062588135&productId=60475&subCatId=cat310006&catId=cat10090&lotId=062588&category=&catdisplayName=Girls+

They also happened to be on sale for half off :) After the money we'd set aside for all this we had to blow hundreds more dollars on copays and such, so the half-off was a bonus :)

Corilee said...

We're are thrilled for Kate. She is such a precious little girl. Infact all your daughters are such happy, spontaneous, imaginetive (sp?) cute, well-behaved little girls I wish we could see them more often.

btw, when is Kate's baptism? We would like to take her out to eat - just her all by herself - to celebrate her baptism. We usually go to IHOP. The kids seem to like the cute pancakes there.

{{{hugs}}} to you all,

Mither